Monday, January 10, 2011

Why So Serious?


Currently Listening to:
"In This City" by Iglu & Hartly



(Forever 21 top, homemade "Penguin Tail" skirt, Jessica Simpson 'Dany' platforms,
White House | Black Market convertable "Sweet Nothings" purse/clutch)

This is what I wore today. Nothing too spiffy, but I felt good nonetheless. It was a nice day considering all the rainy, cold weather we've been having. Leave it to me to wear a mini skirt and open-toe platforms in the middle of Sacramento Winter! Lol!

I upcycled that skirt from an old top. I added "Penguin Suit" tails to the back of it, just because I thought it was cute. Lol. The good thing about this skirt though is that its made of a sweater material, so it's not too thin and it keeps you relatively warm! I couldn't help myself with the colors either. I've always loved purple and green together, and of course when you read Batman comics and graphic novels as much as I do, you can't help but think of the Joker when you see them together. I have to admit though, the only thing I liked about The Dark Knight was Heath Ledger's performance. (R.I.P. Heath!) Otherwise, I just plain don't like the new movies.

I ESPECIALLY don't like Christian Bale's horrible Clint Eastwood-Batsuit Voice XD

Today was sort of a lazy day. My friend, Molly, and I actually had a photoshoot scheduled, but the photographer, John, unfortunately had to cancel last minute. (Being sick sucks!) I was definitely bummed, but I know the feeling, so I definitely wasn't mad. I can't wait to re-schedule though, because his photography is so beautiful. He shoots only film and polaroids and I can't wait for you guys to see what we come up with. When he's feeling better, of course. Lol. So I went out to Beach Hut Deli (my favorite sandwich place) instead and ordered the love of my life for lunch: the Surfin' Bird (buh-buh-buh-bird, bird, bird, bird is the word!).

After I was nice and stuffed, I clunked about the mini mall in my Dany's and visited with some old friends/co-workers. I made some new ones too, including a very, very cute new guy at the surf and skate shop. It still baffles me why they have 'Surf' shops around here. Sacramento isn't anywhere close to a nice beach worth surfing, let alone a nice beach in general. (The ones in San Francisco don't count in my book.) Which then got me thinking just how much I miss SoCal. I grew up in Huntington Beach and I am much over-due on a visit! Luckily, my best friend Nikki will be coming up to SF in March to visit, which I'm sooooooooo excited for! We get to eat and shop and catch up! Nothing better than that.

I hope you're all off to a lovely start this week <3

xoxo coco

P.S. Hello to all of you new visitors and followers! I'm glad you decided to stop by ;}

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love that song!
    The outfit's cute, you rock the Danys.

    Hugs,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these boots, your orange hair and green skirt = hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you live in Sacramento...That town is name after me baby, heheheheheheh.Yes I know!!!
    I am still in shock after seeing you in those magnificent shoes. They are getting higher and higher anren´t they???...
    You look beyond amazing my beautiful friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are rockin! You look beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those shoes & I love them so much. xx


    p.s. I'm having a giveaway over on my blog for a foxtail if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rather enjoying those darling Dany's on your feet. The DIY skirt is so cool and I'm absolutely in love with that color. Overall you look amazing!

    xx
    Caumera Juanese

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wore your new shoes of course! How do you sit down in the short skirt! It's really nice but I can imagine I will be trying not to expose myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The velvet danys are just gorgeous!
    what a perfect splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing as always, I love your hair so much!

    I've just nominated you for a Stylish Blogger award! See here -> www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by MTB and for all the kind words, everyone. I love reading what each and every one of you have to say! Seriously, it means a lot to me <3

Be sure to leave your blog link so I can check your's out/follow back :}